Thursday 26 March 2009

ARGH, but more so.

Anyhoos, so I've toddled off for a couple days away with boyfriend type of goon, come back, and car still isn't fixed, due to wrong parts being supplied/leaves on the line/celebrating the anniversary of Hitler's first masturbatory emission. I eventually pick car up at 17:20, hand over £150 and drive off, thinking 'at least that's over and I've got a car back'.
Dropping goon off home after an evening of being bad at sport, at say 23:30 I turn the ignition, and....

Yeah, you guessed it, "and nothing". That'd be my starter motor gone then.


So instead of going away to Wales for the weekend, taking in some picturesque scenery (yeah, we gots some pritty sheeps), and helping friend move house, I'll get to spend it getting picked up by the AA and towed to the garage, for them to suck their teeth some more, order in some more incorrect parts and generally fanny about with it so they can slap another bill on me.


The annoying part: I don't have a 15 yr old, 99 000 mile Fiesta, (as some people I know own very happily with no problems); I have a goddamn 3.75 year old, 40k mile Toyota, serviced less than a month ago, of which the sole purpose of me purchasing and spending nearly 2k more than I'd planned was so that it was completely reliable, never breaks down and I don't have any hassle with it or have to spend any money on it. But instead it stops working less than 6 hours after picking it up from the garage having spent £150 on repairs. Grr.

Anyway, as goon, myself and boyfriend type of goon (who was called to my aid by goon one, goon one having noticed my redness of face, inability to speak without spitting profanities and, quite likely, steam coming out of my ears, and deciding he didn't want to bear the brunt of it)
are attempting to push my car away from place blocking someone else's driveway and into a place where I can dump it for the night (and maybe set fire to it later), the police turn up.

With their amazing deductive powers, they've decided that three people standing under streetlights in full view of a whole bunch of houses, with bags of shopping, are attempting to steal the piece of shit car by pushing it very very slowly into a parking space.
(Although, to be fair this is Horfield, not known for the intelligence and cunning of its criminal underworld, so they probably foil several similar plans each night.)

Police decide, after some questionning that we're not actaully attempting to steal the car, and kindly give me a hand to 7 point park the damn thing.

At present, I'm still torn between torching it and calling the AA in the morning.
Answers on a postcard please.

4 comments:

  1. Banger racing on Sunday. All we need is a tin of paint, a rollcage and no fear of death.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What this Sunday? Hmmm sounds like a plan to me. Go for it Laura it will be like a viking burial for the piece of shit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mistake, Sunday 12th.

    ReplyDelete